“What about the hidden maintenance cost?
Well now, think again.
PV Solar Panels are not costly at all if you hear us out. For what’s worth, your prudent investment ensures a better, greener future for your next generation.
Unlike standard machinery equipment which requires frequent maintenance and repairs, a PV system is almost maintenance free – if designed and installed properly. Our team has extensive experience in optimizing solar energy facility’s performance via an O&M service agreement. Contracting O&M service with us guarantees your warranty maintenance requirements for equipment, like inverters are fulfilled according to the manufacturer’s requirements.
Primarily, the standard maintenance includes cleaning of panels and checking of mounting structures. This is our sincere service to ensure your panels are always at the top-notch condition where optimal utilization can take place.
Maintenance cost per visit depends on the system size. For example, popular residential solar PV system sizes between 4kWp to 15kWp will cost around RM400 to RM650 per maintenance every 2-3 years depending on the air quality around the area.
INCLUSIVE OF THESE BENEFITS
During the scheduled maintenance visit, the following will be checked:
- PV Modules
- Cleaning of panels;
- Visual inspection on modules to ensure they are free from cracking or damage;
- Assist in determining whether damaged module is covered under manufacturer warranty;
- Ensure modules are securely fastened to the panel mount;
- Inspect conduits, connectors and the modules for any signs of damage.
- Solar PV system electrical and physical integrity checks. This includes the checking of wiring for good electrical contacts, inverter operation and electrical performance;
- Visual check on the AC/DC switchboard and its internal electrical components;
- Check that all cable terminals are properly tightened.
- Carefully examine module panel mount for any signs of damage or corrosion;
- Checking to be made on the mounting bolts to ensure that they are secure, tightened, and free from damage and corrosion;
- Check that all equipment attached to the array structure is secured and free from any signs of corrosion, damage or abuse;
- Ensure that the array structure has been correctly bonded to the site building lightning protection system. Inspect cable for signs of chafing causing damage to insulation;
- Ensure that all cables are tightly secured. Repair and replace as necessary. Earth loop testing according to the local regulation.
- Download PV system performance data;
- Analyse data and generate system performance reports.
Be prudent in your planning on solar power installation and maintenance, that is the hallmark of Verdant Solar service.
Do reach out to us now should you have more questions: +603-5888 8896. Maintenance costs, installation costs and everything you want to find out about solar power, we are more than happy to share our information with you!